NEUROSURGEON DETAILED CV
NEUROSURGEON SHORT CV
Neurosurgeon short CV - Dr Konstantia Stoforou MD PHD Short CURRICULUM VITAE CV
TRAINING & ACADEMIC TITLES
• Graduate of the Medical School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1991).
• Title holder USMLE-ECFMG, USA (1997).
• Doctoral dissertation titled "Study, using the technique of microdialysis, of tissue qualitative and quantitative changes, neurotoxic substances and neurotoxicity-inducing agents, in an experimental model of ischemia and neuroprotection of the spinal cord."
• Doctor of the Medical School of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (2003).
• Rural Service, Skiathos Health Center (1993-1994).
• Specialist Neurosurgeon, Neurosurgical Clinic of General Hospital "G. Gennimatas ", General Hospital "KAT", General Hospital "Evangelismos "(1995-2001).
• Scientific Collaborator of the University Neurosurgery Clinic, "Evangelismos" Hospital (2001-2003).
• Clinical Fellow Neuroendocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, USA (1992-1993).
• Chef de Clinique, Neurosurgical Department, Lariboisiere Hospital, Paris, France (2003-2004).
• Director of the Neurosurgery Department, Euromedica Group - Private Practice (2004-2008).
• Senior Registrar, Neurosurgery Deprtment, University of Patras (2008-2009).
• Senior Registrar, Neurosurgery Deprtment, University of Athens, KAT (2009-2012).
• Collaborator in Neurosurgery, Group HYGEIA - MITERA (2012-).
SPECIALITIES / CLINICAL INTERESTS
• Neurosurgical Oncology of Brain, Spine, Skull Base.
• Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery and Skull Base.
• Microsurgery, Neuroendoscopy, Brain and Spinal Fibrillation.
• Pain Surgery.
• Gamma Knife Radiation.
MEMBER OF SCIENTIFIC ASSOCIATIONS - MEDICAL COMPANIES
1. Member of the Medical Association of Athens.
2. Member of the British Medical Association (General Medical Council.
3. Member of the French Medical Association (Ordre des Médecins, Conceil Departmental de la Ville de Paris).
4. Member of the Greek Neurosurgical Society.
5. AANS member (American Association of Neurological Surgeons).
6. Member of the CNS - Congress of Neurological Surgeons - Tumor Section.
7. Member of the European Association of Neurological Surgeons (EANS).
8. Member of the European Skull Base Society (ESBS).
• Altered ACTH response to CRH in Silent Corticotroph Adenomas »B.M.K.Biller, C.Stoforou and Anne Klibanski. Neuroendocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA. 3rd International Pituitary Congress, Marina Del Rey, California, USA, June 1993.
• "Vagal Nerve Stimulation in Severe Intractable Epilepsy: Experience in 12 Patients". K.Stoforou, S.Gatzonis, N.Georgakoulias, E.Sigounas, D.E.Sakas. Proceedings of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies, 12th World Congress of Neurosurgery, 2001, pp. 48-51.
• "Treatment of Spasticity with Implantable Pump for Continuous Intrathecal Baclofen Infusion" K.Stoforou K, Papavlasopoulos F, Boviatsis E, Sakas D.E. Proceedings of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies, 12th World Congress of Neurosurgery, 2001, pp. 757-760.
• "Multiple Cabernacal Vascular Stems: Presentation of a case and Strategies of Surgical Management", Konstantia Ch. Stoforou, Bernard George, 19th Panhellenic
Neurosurgical Congress. Athens, May 2005.
• The Flux Catheter Irrigation / Aspiration System: An innovative approach to the treatment of chronic subdural hematoma. A case report. K. Stoforou, A.Maniotis, E. Sourtzis, C. Panotopoulos, Neurosurgery, KAT General Hospital, Neurosurgery Annual Congress of EANS, Rome, October 2011.
• Chapter 9 st - "Neoplasms - Cranial Base Tumors," by K. Stoforou, in: D.E. Sakas "Introduction to Neurosurgery", Parisianos Publications, Athens 2003, pages 316-323.
• Chapter 15 - "Skull Base Surgery" by K. Stoforou, in: D.E. Sakas "Introduction to Neurosurgery", Parisianos, Athens 2003, pp. 471-489.
SPECIALIZATIONS - EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS
• Microsurgery - Minimally invasive skull techniques.
• Training in Image-Guided Surgery for Brain Tumors in Santorini, Greece. August 1995.
• Applied Wprkshop of the 1st Cycle of Postgraduate Courses on the subject "Pterionic craniotomy": Hellenic Neurosurgical Society, Thessaloniki, Greece. November 1996.
• "Temporal Bone Surgery" - Applied Tutorial. International Winter Congress of Neurosurgery - Otorhinolaryngology and Minimally Invasive Techniques (Winter Winter Congress on Neurosurgery, Otolaryngology and Minimally Invasive Techniques). Aspen, Colorado, USA. March 1999.
• Applied Tutorial of the Second Cycle of Postgraduate Courses on "Lateral, Broad, sub-occipital Access": Hellenic Neurosurgical Society, Thessaloniki, Greece. June 1999.
• Training in the Scandinavian Microsurgical Laboratory in Skull Base Surgery at the Karolinska Institute, Stockholm.
• Microsurgery Education, University of Athens, Laboratory of Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System, "Theodoros Garofalidis", and "KAT" Hospital, Hand-Microsurgery Surgery Clinic. Three month training in microsurgical techniques. September-December 1999.
• Training on Surgery Access to the Skull Base, 11th Annual Meeting of the North. American Scull Base Society. Neurological Institute of Barrow, Phoenix, Arizona, USA. March, 2000. Professor Robert Spetzler. March 2000.
• Training in “Advanced pneumatic instrumentation in neurosurgical procedures”. Medronic Midas, Thessaloniki, June 2000.
• Training in "Spine Artery Surgery", Lariboisière Hospital, Paris, France. Professor Bernard George. September 2000.
• Postgraduate Courses of the European Neurosurgery Society (EANS): "Functional Neurosurgery-Trauma-Pediatric Neurosurgery". Prague, Czech Republic, February 2001.
• 3rd International Hydrocephalus Training, Kos, May 2001.
• Training in "Microsurgical Access to the Skull Base" at the International School of Neurosurgery and Anspach Society. Professor Takanori Fukushima, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA. May 2002.
• Postgraduate Courses of the European Neurosurgical Society (EANS): Vascular Diseases , Thessaloniki, August 2005.
• Applied Training in the Cross-section of White Brain Substance. University of Zurich, Neurosurgical Department, Zurich, Switzerland. July 2010. Head: Prof. Bertalanfy.
Spinal Column Surgery
• 1st International Symposium on Advances in Spinal Surgery - Hands on Workshop - Athens, Greece, November 2006.
• Spine Vision Training Course on Pediguard, Paris, France, April 2007.
• Training in Transdermal Discectomy, Lumbar and Cervical Pyreoplasty with the Perc-DT System of Spine WandTM, Munich, Germany, March 2007.
• Training in the Parallax System Transdermal Cyphoplasty. Munich, Germany, March 2007.
• Training in the use of minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of pain by radiofrequency application technique (Pasha-Electrode System, Implantable Drug Delivery Pumps, etc.) Cologne, Germany, May - June 2007.
• Endocranial Neuroendoscopy Training, Aesculap Academie, Berlin August 2008.
• Minimally Invasive Endoscopic Surgery of the skull base and the pituitary gland. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. October 2008. Head: Prof. Amin Kassam.
• Gamma Knife Radiation Surgery Training, Official Electa Course, San Raffaelle University Hospital Neurosurgery Gamma Knife Department, Milan, Italy, March-April 2015.